Banana cake is often served with frosting, but this low fat banana
cake is so moist and delicious it doesn't need any.
v 150g Light Margarine Spread v 140g Caster Sugar v 2 eggs v 1 tsp. vanilla essence
v 3-4 Very Ripe Bananas Mashed v 1 tsp. baking soda v ½ cup low fat milk
v 2 cups plain flour v 1 tsp. baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
2. Lightly spray a cake log pan with oil, and line with baking paper.
3. With a mixer, place light spread and sugar and mix well for around 5 mins.
4. Whilst still beating, add Vanilla Essence
5. Still beating add eggs, one at a time
6. Stop mixing and with a spoon mix in mashed banana carefully.
7. Heat milk (in a large cup) in microwave for 30 sec so it is hot and add the baking(bi-carb) soda, it will foam.
8. Now add to the banana mixture, gently.
9. Sift in flour and baking powder together into the mixture, not all at once, in thirds.
10. Turn into a greased and lined loaf tin.
11. Bake at 180°C for 50mins to 1 hour, testing with a skewer in centre that no mixture sticks to skewer.
12. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack
13. This cake doesn't need any icing however you can ice with a mixture of cream cheese, icing sugar and squeeze of lemon.
Leave Your Comments