Beef Tomato Curry is a well-liked Bangladeshi food as a main course. It has good meaty and spicy taste, always great to have in all seasons
* Beef 1 kg v Tomatoes 6 (medium-sized chopped)
* Ginger 1 tbsp (paste) v Garlic 1 tbsp (finely chopped) v Onion 1/2 cup (finely chopped) v Black paper 1/4 tsp (ground) v Cardamoms 3 v Cinnamon sticks 3 (2.5 cm piece) v Cloves 2 v Bay leaf 1 v Paprika or Chili powder 1 tsp v Cooking oil 1/2 cup v Salt to taste
* Place the meat, ginger, garlic, onion, black paper, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, salt and half of the oil in a pan.
* Add 3 cups of water.
* Cover and cook over moderate heat until the meat is tender.
* In a separate pan heat rest of the oil. Fry the onion golden brown.
* Add the tomatoes and fry for a few minutes.
* Add the meat and paprika, stir and fry for 10 to 15 minutes.
* Add 1-2 cups of water and keep covered over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes.
* Serve hot with boiled rice, pullao, chapatti or parata.