Chicken liver kalovunaIngredients
For liver vuna:
* Chicken liver: 1/2kg(wash it very well with hot water) * oil:1/4cup * potato(cut into cube): 1 big(optional)
* Beresta(fried onion): 1/2cup * Red/dark vinegar:2tbsp * ginger garlic paste: 1tbsp each * cardamom: 3, cinnamon: 2 stick, clove: 2, bay leave: 1 * turmeric powder: 1tsp * black pepper powder: 1tsp * red chili powder: 1tbsp * cumin and coriander powder: 1tsp eachFor kalovuna masala:
* mustard oil: 1/4cup * roasted cumin seeds: 1tsp * onion: 1 big (cut into cubes) * green chili: 3 * ajwain (radhuni) powder: 1/2tsp * Fennel seeds powder: 1/2tsp v cardamom: 2, cinnamon: 1 stick, black pepper: 4Instructions
* In a karahi, add oil and whole garam masala. Then add all other spices and ½ cup water. Cook it until oil separates.
* Add liver pieces and mix well.let it cook until start to boil. now cover and cook on low flame until liver tender (around 20 minutes). stir occasionally. When all water dries up, turn off the heat.
* Heat mustard oil in a karahi or pan, add whole garam masala, onion cubes and green chili. Then add cooked liver curry and let it fry on high flame. Keep stirring. add radhuni, fennel and cumin powder and mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
* Turn off the heat and serve hot with bread, raita or plain rice.
* Channa: 1cup v flour: 1 tsp * Semolina: 1tsp * Green cardamom: 4 pieces * Water: 3cup * Sugar: 2cup v Caramel: 2tbsp (heat 2tbsp sugar and 1tbsp water until dark golden brown)For Kheer:
* Chomchom: 8 pieces * Fresh Milk: 2cup * Milk powder: 1cup * Mawa: 1/4cup * Sugar: 2 tbsp
* In a food processor, add channa, flour and semolina. Blend until smooth (2min). Or (you can knead the channa with your palm for 10 minutes, without stopping).this is the main part for making soft chomchom.
* Divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
* Take each part and roll it with both palms gently to make a smooth ball and then give it in an oval shape (other shapes also can be made).
* Heat water in a large bowl and add sugar and cardamom. When the syrup will start boiling on medium flame, add the chomchoms into the syrup and close the pot with a lid. It takes 15 minutes.
Now prepare the caramel and open the lid and pour the caramel over the chomchom.
* Cook 10 minutes more and turns of the heat. Let it rest for 2 hours on sugar syrup.
* Mix all the ingredients except chomchom. Heat a non stick pan and pour this mixture into the pan. Keep stirring until it forms soft dough.
* Divide the dough into 8 parts and make small balls. Let it cool completely.
* Lightly flatten the balls by pressing it in the center using the thumb. Cover the chomchom nicely with the dough and smoothen the surface.
* Arrange on a plate and allow it to dry. Using a knife cut kheer kadam into half.
* Serve and enjoy.