Fitted bodycon dresses, high hemlines and metallic colours are some of the style statements you can opt for during the rainy season, suggest experts. Charu Singh, founder and creative head at Zooki, a multi-brand store, and Rajesh Jain, business head at apparel brand Rangriti, give tips:
* High hemlines are your friends in the rainy season. Fitted bodycon dresses or mini skirts with a metallic top are recommended. If going for a semi-formal look, try replacing trousers with a nice pair of culottes.
* Oodles of colours — be it in solids or strong prints — go a long way.
* Opt for a crop top with dhoti pants for the dance party as the outfit will give a ease to your body and is also breathable.
* Don’t forget to pop the entire look with metallic accessories, tassel earrings or a side tassel sling bag to add the much-needed drama. Metallic works well with accessories to create a funky party look.
* If the party is indoors, wear palazzos and a sleeveless top to look fashionable. If the party is outdoor, wear loose hot pants and a tank top with slippers. A crop top with high-waisted pants would also work for a party scene.
* Adding a graphic punch to the look via stripes will add a fun factor and make the outfit interesting, but keep everything else to a bare minimum, including make-up.
* Embrace super-glossy metallic for the night adding oomph to the outfit. Think beyond gold and silver and team it up with rose gold, copper for different upbeat looks.
* Shirt dresses are a great party choice. They are light and airy. They can easily be dressed down for a dance party and some accessories can kick it up a notch.
* Avoid stilettos or any high heels. Go for wedges or flats as they can be much more comfortable.
* Pair a long, asymmetrical, loose fitted kurta with slim fit pants or short kurtas with jeans for the party look.
* For a cool, casual look, pair an indie top with slim fit pants or a short kurti with floral palazzo.
* In terms of fabric, pure cotton, silk, mul, chiffon, nylon, georgette are best for this season.
* Team up the outfits with comfortable wedges, platform heels, flips flop sandals.
Leave Your Comments