Prepare the custard, jelly, and vermicelli and keep them in separate containers. Just before the time of eating, all these are served individually and make your own combinations and layers of falooda.
Preparation time: 2 to 3 hours
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 3 hours (for refrigeration)
1 cup = 250 ml capacity
- 1 mango chopped
- 5 strawberries chopped
- 4 blueberries (optional)
- 2 cups milk (for custard)
- 2 teaspoon custard powder
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 packet strawberry jelly
- 2 tablespoon roohafza or rose syrup
- 2 tablespoon vermicelli
- ½ cup cold milk
- 1 tablespoon sabja seeds (basil seeds)
- 2 tablespoon chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
1. Prepare strawberry jelly according to the packet and set in the refrigerator.
2. Heat 2 cups milk along with custard powder and sugar. Bring to a boil, stir and then remove from heat. Keep in the refrigerator until chilled.
3. Boil vermicelli in water, sieve and set aside.
4. Soak sabja (basil) seeds in half cup water till it soaks and puffs.
5. Take a serving glass, add 2 tablespoon rooh afza/rose syrup.
6. Then add vermicelli, soaked sabja seeds, ½ cup cold milk, strawberry jelly cut into cubes, chopped mango, chopped strawberries.
7. Then pour chilled custard over the fruits along with chopped nuts.
8. Finally, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Serve chilled.
Leave Your Comments