Published:  12:10 AM, 13 August 2017

Two kids electrocuted in Munshiganj


Two minor boys died from electrocution and three people sustained injuries at Adhara Saradi village in Sadar upazila on Friday afternoon. Police said a live electric wire got snapped and fell into a pond at the village.

The two minor boys -- Rohan, 5, son of Kamal Miah, and Junayed, 7, son of Nuruzzman, residents of the village, got electrocuted after they fell into the pond while playing adjacent to the water body. Soon after the incident, mothers of the two kids -- Maksuda Begum and Malati Begum --and Ruhul Amin, also a resident of the village, jumped into the pond to rescue the duo. Later, locals removed the live electric wire from the pond, rescued and sent them to Munshiganj General Hospital where doctors declared Rohan and Junayed dead while three others were admitted to the hospital.


-AA Correspondent, Munshiganj

Leave Your Comments



Latest News


More From Countrywide

Go to Home Page »

Site Index The Asian Age