A youth in Dhaka's Pallabi area received burn injury from gas leakage yesterday. The victim was identified as Tanay Datta, 20, had been working as a caretaker of the house. He was undergoing treatment at the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH). Dr Partha Sankar Paul, resident surgeon of the unit, said 85 percent of his body was burnt.
Owner of the house Ashraf Uddin Ahmed said Tanay joined the job this month. The four-storied building has a room with gas burner at the ground floor for the caretaker.
Leave Your Comments