Logo

Man electrocuted in Sherpur -The Asian Age


A man was electrocuted while cutting a tree branch at Palashikura village in Nalitabari upazila in the district on Tuesday morning.

The deceased was identified as Alal Uddin, 48, an office assistant of local Palashikura Janata High School.

Officer-in-charge of Nalitabari Police Station AKM Fasihur Rahman said Alal suffered a shock as a tree got electrified after a partially felled branch fell on an electric wire while cutting it at his courtyard around 7am.

Under the impact of the shock, he fell down on the ground from a 20-foot height and became unconscious, he said.

The on-duty doctor declared Alal dead after he was taken to Sadar Hospital, the OC added.