Ingredients: 2.5 cups full fat milk * 1/4 cup fine vermicilli * 1/4 cup sugar * 1 Tbsp butter * 1 Tbsp rose water * A small pinch cardamom powder
Nuts & Dry Fruits: 2 Tbsp dates - finely chopped * 2 Tbsp raisins * 1/3 cup cashews, almonds, pistachios, charoli nuts - chopped finely
How to make
* Boil milk in a pan until it shrinks to almost half in volume.
* Meanwhile you can chop the dry fruits and nuts.
* Soak dates in warm milk and set aside.
* Heat butter in a pan and add the nuts and raisins fry till slightly browned and is crispy. Set aside.
* In the same pan add vermicelli and roast till golden brown.
* Then add half of milk and let the vermicelli get cooked.
* Once the vermicelli turns soft add sugar, cardamom powder, give a quick stir.
* Add remaining milk and let it boil in low flame.
* Once it is thick add the roasted nuts, dates, rose water give a stir and cook for 2mins then switch off.
* The Kheer thickens with time so switch off accordingly. And ready to serve.
Leave Your Comments