There is no scope to interfere in existing 30 percent freedom fighters quota in government jobs, said Liberation War Affairs Minister AKM Mozammel Haque.
The minister made this comment while talking to journalists at the Information Department office at the Secretariat on Wednesday.
30 percent are reserved for the freedom fighters in government jobs following a High Court verdict. If the government wants to reform freedom fighter's quota, the government will have to file a review petition and get a verdict against the verdict, said the minister.
In April, students of public and private universities across the country waged a strong movement demanding reforms in the quota system.
In the face of the movement, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced in parliament on April 11 the abolition of all types of quotas in public jobs.
As no gazette notification has so far been issued regarding the abolishment of the quota system as per the PM’s declaration, the leaders of the Council gathered in front the DU central library on Saturday to hold a pre-scheduled press conference to announce their fresh programme. But, BCL activists reportedly carried out an attack on them around 10:50 am.
Leave Your Comments