Ingredients: 375g butter * 10ml (2 tsp) bicarbonate of soda * 30ml (2 tbsp) milk * 45ml (3 tbsp) golden syrup * 230g Tiger Oats (the big flakes) * 340g cake flour, sifted * 200g desiccated coconut * 275g sugar * pinch salt
* Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base of a 40cm x 30cm roasting tray.
* Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
* Add the bicarbonate of soda to the milk, mix well and allow to dissolve.
* Add the syrup and bicarb-milk to the butter and mix to combine - it will foam slightly.
* Mix all of the dry ingredients together. Add to the wet ingredients and stir. Work it through with your fingers until well mixed.
Press the mixture firmly into the baking tray and bake in the oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Keep an eye on them, so that they don't burn.
* Allow to cool slightly before cutting into 4cm squares while still a little soft. Gently remove from the baking tray when completely cool and enjoy.
Leave Your Comments