A youth was burnt to death in a fire that broke out in Amin Jute mill gate area under Biyazid Police Station in the city early yesterday.
The victim was identified as Mohammad Sohel, 19. Officials of Agrabad Fire Service control room said the fire was broke out at a tin-shed house around 1.30 am originating from an electric short-circuit and engulfed the adjoining 19 other dwellings.
On information, two fire fighting units brought the fire under control after their two hours' efforts. Later, firefighters with the help of locals recovered the body of Sohel at about 3.30 am, said Jashim Uddin, deputy assistant director of Agrabad Fire Service Station.
Leave Your Comments