* 375g Lindt Excellence 70%
* 400g shortcrust pastry
* 875ml cream
* 65g sugar
* 5 egg yolks, plus one full egg
* Preheat oven to 130°C (110°C fan forced oven).
* Line base and sides of 20cm spring-form tin with thinly rolled shortcrust pastry (3mm recommended). Par-bake the base by lining the inside of the pastry with baking paper and weighing it down with either dry beans or rice to prevent the sides from collapsing and give the tart its shape.
* Bake until golden brown, then brush with egg yolk and briefly return to the oven. This protects the pastry from getting soggy.
* Mix together cream and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil on a moderate heat. Once boiled, remove from heat and mix in chocolate. Stir until all chocolate has dissolved and mixture is smooth.
* Break eggs into a separate clean bowl and whisk. Pour chocolate mixture into eggs and add pinch of salt. Mix well.
* Gently pour mixture into prepared shortcrust base and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until just set in the centre. When tart is still hot, use a sharp knife to cut off excess pastry at the rim of the chocolate filling, giving the tart a straight edge.
* Bake the tart a day in advance to give it sufficient time to set and make cutting easier. Serve at room temperature.
Leave Your Comments