Ingredients: 1 cup dried chickpeas (or 16 oz. can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans) * 1 large onion (chopped) * 2 cloves garlic (chopped) * 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped) * 1 teaspoon coriander * 1 teaspoon cumin * 2 tablespoons flour * 1 teaspoon salt (to taste) * Pepper (to taste) * Oil (for frying)
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. Place dried chickpeas in a bowl, covering with cold water. Allow to soak overnight. Omit this step if using canned beans.
3. Drain chickpeas, and place in pan with fresh water, and bring to a boil.
4. Allow to boil for 5 minutes, then let simmer on low for about an hour.
5. Drain and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
6. Combine chickpeas, garlic, onion, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper (to taste) in medium bowl. Add flour.
7. Mash chickpeas, ensuring to mix ingredients together. You can also combine ingredients in a food processor. You want the result to be a thick paste.
8. Form the mixture into small balls, about the size of a ping pong ball. Slightly flatten.
9. Fry in 2 inches of oil at 350 F until golden brown (7 minutes).
10. Serve hot.
Leave Your Comments