* 50g desiccated coconut
* 800g mixed vegetables (such as carrots, courgettes, aubergine, beans, cauliflower, broccoli, peppers or peas)
* 2 tbsp coconut oil
* 100ml water
* Salt and cayenne pepper
* 2 tsp cumin seeds
* 2 shallots, chopped
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 4 green chillies, sliced
* 1 tsp ground turmeric
* 1 tsp mustard seeds
* 10 curry leaves
1. Just cover the desiccated coconut with very hot water and set aside.
2. Cut the veg into strips or florets. Cut the harder veg into thinner strips as they will take longer to cook. In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp of the coconut oil until it's very hot, tip in the veg and fry for a few minutes, until they are starting to brown.
Add the water and cover. Shake the pan and allow the veg to steam for about 5 minutes, until almost cooked. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
3. Place the desiccated coconut in a food processor or grinder with the cumin, shallots, garlic, chillies and turmeric and grind to a paste. Add to the cooked veg and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
4. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds and curry leaves. Fry for a few minutes before adding them to the veg along with the yoghurt. Season well.
Leave Your Comments