Ingredients: 2 baby cauliflowers * 3 banana shallots, quartered then sliced length ways * 150g fine green beans * For the spice mix * 1tsp ground turmeric * ½tsp ground cumin * ½tsp ground coriander * ½tsp garlic granules * ¼tsp asafoetida * ½tsp salt * ¼tsp freshly ground white pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Combine the spice mix ingredients together in a bowl and put to one side.
2. Rip any large leaves from the cauliflowers and trim the base. Pour 2tbsp rapeseed oil into a rimmed baking dish, roll the cauliflowers around in the oil so they are completely coated, remove to a plate. Tip the sliced shallots into the same dish and mix to with the remaining oil.
3. Sprinkle the spice mix over the cauliflowers, lifting them up to make sure all the surface is covered.
4. Place on top of the shallots with the stems facing up and roast in a preheated oven for 30 minutes then turn them over and continue roasting for another 20-25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, steam the green beans for 5 minutes or until tender.
6. When the cauliflowers are cooked push to one side of the roasting dish and tip in the steamed beans. Mix together with the shallots and any remaining spice mix.
7. To serve, spoon the beans and shallots onto a warmed plate and top with the roasted cauliflowers.
Leave Your Comments