Ingredients: 200 gm broccoli-chopped fine * 2 Tbsp butter/oil * 2 Tbsp sifted flour * 1/4 tsp powdered black pepper * 3/4 cup milk * 4 cups stock or water * 1/2 tsp celery salt * 2 tsp salt * Cream for garnishing
* 1.In a heavy saucepan heat the butter or oil.
* 2.When the butter has melted or the oil is steaming, add half the broccoli.
* 3.Turn around a few times, then lower the heat and continue sautéing for about half a minute.
* 4.Add the flour and turn around till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
* 5.Remove from heat, and add the stock very gradually, stirring all the time (thus avoiding lumps).
* 6.Cool, and blend in a blender.
* 7.Place the pan back over the heat, and add the rest of the broccoli, milk, black pepper and celery salt.
* 8.Cook over high heat, stirring a few times, till it comes to a boil and then simmer over low heat for at least 10 minutes.
* 9.Serve hot garnished with cream.
Leave Your Comments