Narayanganj, June 10 (UNB)- Four members of a family, including two children, sustained burn injuries as a fire broke out in a house at Pagla Chitasha in Fatullah early Monday.
The injured are Abdul Alim, 70, his daughter Sheuly, 35, granddaughter Juthi, 14 and another granddaughter Tanzila Akhter, 6.
The injured were admitted to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital, said Fatullah police out-post Officer-in-Charge, Aslam Hossain.
Quoting locals, the OC said the fire originated from a mosquito coil at the house of Abdul Alim at 5 am when they were all asleep.
Hearing screams of the inmates, locals rushed to the house and rescued them after breaking the door, the OC added.
Leave Your Comments