Ingredients: 1/2 pound (230 grams) ground beef (at least 20% fat) * 1/4 cup chicken stock (or beef stock, or water) * 1 tablespoon light soy sauce (or soy sauce) * 2 teaspoons ginger, grated * 1 teaspoon salt * 1/4 teaspoon ground toasted Sichuan peppercorn (or black pepper) * 4 green onions, coarsely chopped * 1 large carrot, coarsely chopped * 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed * 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed * 1 tablespoon sesame oil * 20 homemade dumpling wrappers (or packaged dumpling wrappers) * 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. To make the dumpling filling, add ground beef into a big bowl. Add chicken stock, light soy sauce, ginger, salt, and toasted Sichuan peppercorns. Mix by using a pair of chopsticks until the liquid is fully absorbed. Cover with plastic wrap, and let marinate in the fridge while you prepare other ingredients.
2. (Optional) You can start making dumpling dough now if you're planning to use homemade dumpling wrappers.
3. Add carrot into the food processor. Mix until finely chopped. Add green onions. Mix until the onions are finely cut. Transfer to a bowl.
4. When you're ready to make the dumplings, add minced green onion, carrot, corn, green peas and sesame oil into the ground beef mixture. Stir to mix well.
5. Scoop about 1 to 1.5 tablespoons dumpling filling and place it in the center of the wrapper. Hold the dumpling with one hand and start sealing the edges with the other hand. After folding, press the edges again to seal well. You can use any way to fold the dumplings as long as you're comfortable with it.
6. Now you can freeze these dumplings if you don't cook them immediately. Place them onto a baking tray and seal with a plastic wrapper. You can store the dumplings in the freezer for up to 1 month. Once the dumplings are completely frozen, after about a day, you can transport them to a gallon bag to save freezer space.
7. Cook the dumplings in batches. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add dumplings. Cook until the bottom side turns golden. Add 2 tablespoons water, and cover. Cook until the other side also turns golden and the dumplings are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
8. You can serve the dumplings immediately with dumpling dipping sauce (the spicy dumpling sauce works extremely well with these beef dumplings).
Leave Your Comments