Six units of firefighters trying to control a blaze at the city center in Barishal on Friday. -Masuk Kamal
A devastating fire gutted four houses at Anami Lane of Sadar Road in the city center of Barishal on Friday morning in adverse weather. Eye witness of the incident said that the fire was started spreading within few minutes at about 7:30 AM on Friday and gutted 4 houses including four air conditioners of the adjacent area.
The fire incident was happened at Sadar Road commercial area and fear spread among the locals. The fire originated from short-circuit in a residence of a victim at about 7.30 on Friday and immediately spread at the densely populated area gutted four houses, said Ashok Das, one of victim of the fire.
My daughter's marriage scheduled to be held on August 5, so some ornaments and other items were prepared for that ceremony and those have also gutted in fire, he added. Properties worth about Taka 50 lakhs damaged because of the incident, victims of the fire claimed Six units of firefighters brought the flame under control within an hour around at 9:00 AM, and no casualties were reported, said Aktaruzzaman Hiru, local ward councilor of Barishal City Corporation.
It was assumed that the fire broke out from electric short-circuit, opined Fauk Hossain Shikder, deputy assistant director of Fire Service and Civil Defense, Barishal divisional unit.
----Masuk Kamal, Barishal
Leave Your Comments