Ingredients: 2kg potatoes * 50g unsalted butter *100ml milk
1. Peel the potatoes, chopping any larger ones so they're all a similar size.
2. Cook in a large pan of boiling salted water over a medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
3. Drain in a colander and leave to steam dry for a couple of minutes, then tip back into the pan and mash well.
4. When the potatoes are almost smooth, add half the butter, the milk and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
5. Mash again until smooth, adding a splash more milk to loosen, if needed, then taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed.
6. Spoon into a warm serving dish and dot the remaining butter over the top and have fun serving up your mash.
Leave Your Comments