A case has been filed against the editor of the Prothom Alo, Matiur Rahman, over the death of Dhaka Residential Model College student Nayeemul Abrar Rahat, who was electrocuted during an event organized by the newspaper's youth magazine Kishor Alo on the school campus.
Rahat's father Md Mujibur Rahman filed the case with Dhaka's Chief Metropolitan Magistrate's Court on Wednesday alleging that negligence on part of the organizers caused his son's death.
The court also ordered an autopsy for Rahat. Mujibur had earlier filed a case of unnatural death over the incident on November 1 and the court ordered Mohammadpur police to complete the investigation into both complaints by December 1, reports bdnews24.com.
Rahat, 15, a nonresident student of class nine, received electric shock from a power generator set up behind a stage erected for 'Ki Ananda' -- an event organized by Kishor Alo, a magazine published by Matiur Rahman. Rahat, who hails from Noakhali, lived with his family at the capital's Agargaon.
After the incident, he was taken to the Universal Medical College Hospital (formerly known as Aysha Memorial Specialized Hospital) in Mohakhali where doctors pronounced him dead.Police transferred the body to the family without a post-mortem examination on their request.
Leave Your Comments