* 3 medium size bunches spinach/palak finely chopped
* 1 medium size onion finely sliced(not large size)
* 6 tbsp besan/chick pea flour
* 1/2 tsp rice flour
* salt - to taste
* 1 tsp red chilli powder
* 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
* 1/4 tsp roasted coriander seeds powder
* 1/4 tsp ajwain carom seeds
* 1 tsp oil
* a pinch of baking soda optional
* oil for deep frying
1. Wash finely chopped spinach and add into the bowl.
2. Into it, add finely sliced onion.
3. Into it add chick pea flour and rice flour.
4. Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander seeds powder, carom seeds.
5. Add oil and mix all the ingredients well.
6. Washed spinach already leaves its water and therefore, batter can be mixed easily.
7. The batter should be thick.
8. If required just sprinkle few drops of water and mix the batter.
9. Heat oil in a wok for deep frying.
10. Take a portion of the batter in your fingers, press or flatten the batter with fingers and drop in oil.
11. Similarly drop the rest of the pakodas batter into the oil.
12. Deep fry the palak pakodas on low flame until they turn golden color on all sides.
13. Take them out.
14. Serve hot with chutney dips or ketchup.
Leave Your Comments