* 3 cup thinly sliced cabbage
* 1 cup besan (gram flour)
* 1/4 cup rice flour
* 1 tsp cumin seeds
* 2 tsp coriander powder
* 1/2 tsp red chili powder
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/8 tsp asafetida
* 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
* 1 Tbsp thinly sliced green chilie
* Also need oil to fry
1. Combine all the dry ingredients, to cabbage besan, rice flour, cumin seeds, coriander, red pepper, salt, asafetida, cilantro, and green chili in a bowl. Mix it well. Add water as needed, mixture consistency should be of sticky soft dough.
2. Heat at least one inch of oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. To test, put one drop of batter in the oil. The batter should float and not change color instantly.
3. Place about one tablespoon of mix holding with your fingers into the oil. Do not overlap the pakoras.
4. Fry the pakoras in small batches; after you turn the pakoras one time press the pakoras lightly.
5. This will take five to six minutes per batch. Fry the pakoras, turning occasionally, until both sides are golden brown.
6. Repeat this process for the remaining batches.
7. The crispy, delicious Cabbage Pakoras are now ready to serve.
Leave Your Comments