Ingredients: 2 teaspoons olive oil *2 cloves garlic *1/2 medium onion (finely chopped) *1 stalk celery (finely chopped) *1 medium potato (white; peeled and cubed) *2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth; fat-free, low-sodium) *2 cups milk (fat-free) *1 (6 oz.) bag baby spinach *Black pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the oil.
2. Sauté the garlic, onion, celery, and potato for 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken broth and fat-free milk. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in half the spinach, cover, and simmer for 10 more minutes.
5. Cool slightly, then transfer soup to a blender. Work in two batches, if necessary.
6. Add the remaining spinach and blend until smooth. If you're working in two batches, use half the remaining spinach with each batch.
Leave Your Comments