Published:  01:53 AM, 20 October 2021

DU starts in-person classes after 18 months

 
After a closure of 18 long months due to COVID-19 pandemic, the Dhaka University (DU) authority finally kicked off  it's in-person classes and examinations on Sunday. Students were seen in a festive mood to be back to the classroom. In the first stage departments including English, Sociology, Persian Language and Literature and Institute of Social Welfare & Research started their in-person classes.  Gradually other departments will be open up. DU Vice-chancellor Professor Md Akhtaruzzaman visited several classrooms and exam halls and expressed satisfaction as students were present in the classroom in compliance with health rules and maintaining physical and social distance.

"The regular educational activities of the university has started with the introduction of offline teaching and examinations. To compensate the students session gap in education 'Loss Recovery Plan' formulated by the Academic Council will be followed," said the Vice-chancellor.

Expressing excitement at being able to return to class,  student said, it feels good to be able to return to class after a whopping 18 months.  We expect the university authorities to take action on how to resolve the session jam.

Depending in department's requirement, depts can take a maximum of 40 per cent of the classes online.  However, the remaining 60 per cent of the classes must be taken physically. The time duration will be reduced in the semester and annual course system, said the university authorities.

As per the university authorities instruction, classes will be conducted on condition of taking at least one dose of vaccine for prevention and control of Covid-19 pandemic.

It may be mentioned that, earlier, the university library was opened on September 26 and the dormitories on October 5 for Honors fourth year and Masters students. Later on October 10 the residential dorms was opened for all years.




Latest News


More From City

Go to Home Page »

Site Index The Asian Age