Get your family and friends drooling over this dish made of minced mutton, Indian spices and herb
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 6 tbsp cooking oil6 cloves
- 3 black cardamoms, bruised until open
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp chilli powder
- 500g minced mutton
- 250g fresh green peas, shelled1
- /2 tsp garam masala powder
- Chopped coriander and ginger juliennes, to garnish
1. Heat oil in large pan and add all whole spices. Sauté for a few seconds then add onion. Sauté until onion is golden brown. Add tomatoes, ginger and garlic pastes, coriander, turmeric and chilli powders. Continue to sauté until tomatoes are cooked and there is no moisture in pan.
2. Add mutton and sauté well, ensuring there are no lumps and mince dries up.
Add enough water to barely cover mince, bring to a boil then cover. Simmer until mince is cooked and oil begins to appear on sides of pan.
3. Add peas, season, mix well and cover again. Cook until peas are tender.
4. Stir in garam masala powder. Serve hot, garnished with coriander and ginger juliennes.
Leave Your Comments