Impress family or friends with a delicious date cake. Try this recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2hours
Total time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 760g date paste
- 375ml water
- 20g baking soda
- 18 egg yolks
- 330g sugar
- 8g baking powder
- 435g flour
- 375ml oil
- 5g nutmeg
- 35g slivered almonds, to garnish
- Seedless dates, quartered, to garnish
1. In a medium saucepan, boil date paste in water and baking soda until it attains a smooth consistency.
2. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl until the mix gets foamy.
3. Combine date mixture and foamy egg mixture in a mixing bowl using a paddle attachment. Gently add all the remaining ingredients except almonds and date quarters and mix gently.
4.Pour the cake batter in a 20cm cake ring and bake in the oven at 180°C for 40 to 60 mins. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. Garnish with slivers of almonds and date pieces and serve.
Leave Your Comments