Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) Commissioner SM Sazzat Ali on Friday said that there is no security security concern surrounding Ekushey February programmes.
He came up with the assurance while speaking at a press briefing held at the Central Shaheed Minar premises in the capital.
The DMP Commissioner said that around 15,000 police personnel would be deployed in and around the Central Shaheed Minar to ensure the safe and orderly observance of Shaheed Day and International Mother Language Day.
"A huge crowd is expected to gather to pay tribute to the language martyrs.
Considering this, we have taken comprehensive security measures," he added.
The commissioner said a multi-layered security plan had been put in place, involving police, other law enforcement agencies and volunteers, to maintain discipline and preserve the sanctity of the site.
Responding to a question, Sazzat said security measures were not limited to the Shaheed Minar.
"Our arrangements cover the entire city of Dhaka, and we will continue efforts to keep the city secure," he said.
DMP has urged city residents to follow designated routes for entering and exiting the Central Shaheed Minar and requested not to bring any sharp objects, flammable materials or explosives to the venue.
Latest News